Reasons Why Metal Storage Containers Are Suitable for Packing in Harsh Weather Conditions
Metal storage containers are the most preferred across industries for packing and storing, especially in harsh weather conditions, as they offer several benefits. They protect the material inside from the outside environment during storage in a warehouse or shipping. There are many players manufacturing such metal containers, which are reusable and reliable, and can be customized based on the client requirements. If you are looking to buy metal containers for storage in your industry, this post discusses some popular types and their benefits.
Types of Metal Storage Containers
We associate shipping with harsh weather conditions which may arise unexpectedly. In such a situation, the material being shipped should remain safe till it reaches the port. In general also, storage systems should always be able to protect the inside content, whether in industries, on ships, or at homes. Here are a few types of metal storage containers useful in various applications:
- Portable Storage Containers: These can be as tall as eight feet and can hold up to 3000 lbs. of weight. These containers are used in offices, commercial units, and industries as they fit well in parking spaces and driveways. They protect your items from moisture, mold growth, and condensation. These containers are made of industrial grade steel and aluminum.
- Collapsible Steel Containers: These containers are flexible and foldable. They work like a rack in a warehouse. They have collapsible gates and can be customized to suit your requirements. They’re stackable and can be folded to save floor space, when not in use.
- Portable Steel Containers: These containers are extremely versatile. These are made from many metals, but steel remains a popular choice. Their service life can be up to 20 years. They come with tamper-proof lockboxes and are ideal for storage, as well as transport.
- Insulated or Thermal Containers: There are certain products which need to be shipped at a higher or controlled temperature. These are mostly made of steel. This is especially useful when transporting chemicals, medicines, and other goods ranging from wine to furniture that are sensitive to temperature fluctuations and need to be packaged and stored in a controlled environment.
- Refrigerated Containers: These are temperature-regulated storage containers used when shipping perishable products such as fruits, vegetables, and so on over a long distance. The temperature range here many vary from approximately -20 to +5. They are well lit and have easy-to-open doors similar to that of a refrigerator.
- Custom Metal Containers: These containers are used for material handling, shipping, and storing. They are made of high-quality aluminum and steel sheets. They can be custom made according to the space available in your warehouse. This ensures optimum storage capacity and saving of space.
Benefits of Metal Storage Containers, Especially in Harsh Weather Conditions
There are several benefits of using metal storage containers to store, ship, or move locally. Here, we have listed some of them:
- Durability: They are extremely durable, flexible, and customizable. Metal storage containers have an excellent strength to weight ratio. They are foldable and hence help save space when not in use.
- Strength: They are made of sturdy metals such as superior-quality aluminum and industrial grade steel. They have superior strength and stability, and are as good as being welded onto the floor.
- Protection of the Material Inside: These are not only water proof but they also protect the inner content from harsh weather conditions, especially when shipping.
- Robust Structure: Metal storage containers are sturdy. Normally, metal storage containers weigh up to 500 lbs. So, it is not easy to move them and thus the inner material remains steady, even in moving vehicles or ships.
- Withstand Natural Calamities: Metal storage containers are great shock absorbers, and can withstand natural calamities. Nothing can damage their sturdy structure and design, be it rains, trees, fast-moving vehicles, and even floods.
Caution Tips When Using Storage Containers
- Although they protect your materials inside, these containers may rust in heavy rains. They best way to protect them from rusting is covering them with tarpaulin sheets.
- When handling these storage containers, you may want to use a forklift at times depending on the situation and weight. Also, the concerned workers and operators should be careful about any injuries which may be caused in the process.