What Are the Do’s and Don’ts of Choosing Industrial Pallet Racking Systems?
Pallet racking systems are essentially used across industries, especially in warehouses. These systems help companies operate efficiently by increasing usable vertical space and improving material flow. Regardless of what types of industrial storage you prefer for your facility, safety is always the first priority when protecting storage racks. One can’t just put things on these shelves, else it can cause disasters. In fact, if you have limited space on the industrial racking system, and organizing it properly is essential while ensuring everything is stored carefully and according schedules and priorities. However, there are plenty of things you can do to ensure warehouse pallet racking system safety and promote efficiency. But, how to do this? This post highlights some effective and proven tips for a pallet racking system. Are you interested to know what they are? Read this post till the end.
Industrial Racking System Dos
When it comes to the dos and don’ts of choosing a pallet racking system, it’s always a good idea to make a list of things you would require in the near future and the ones that are in progress. Here are a few pointers.
- Consider the Facility Space and Area: Your facilities storage space is the most important consideration before choosing a new pallet racking system. This helps determine an appropriate system for your inventory. Also, you need to check for the placement of the system. Proper space planning and placement play a key role in optimal storage racks usage. For instance, many businesses use a forklift to move and rearrange pallets. In such cases, it is important to offer a wide enough space to maneuver around the system. Also, instruct your workers to keep the corridor or aisle ways free of improperly stored products. Proper analysis of the system against your load requirement will help ensure that your storage system meets all the safety standards and offers you convenience of loading, unloading, and locating things.
- Proper Inspection for Damage: There are several reasons for storage rack damage such as the weight of the products being stored, loading method, and many more. Therefore, it is essential to inspect your storage racks and attached guard panel, and repair or replace them as needed, on a periodical basis. Conducting routine inspections helps identify possible damage before it becomes a serious issue. Sometimes, repairing might hassle you, but it’s economical than replacing the entire system.
- Install Protecting Guards: This is another important consideration when it comes to industrial rack safety. Installing protective guard is not only helpful in protecting your inventory but also the workers. Even after installing safety guards, provide proper training to your workers on their usage.
- Maintain Proper Usage and Training Program: One easy way to prevent warehouse accidents is to train your workers on how to safely load as well as unload the items from storage racks. With a proper understanding of safety parameters, they would perform the task more efficiently than ever.
Industrial Racking System Don’ts
There are many things to avoid when choosing a pallet racking system for your facility. Here are some useful pointers:
- Don’t Overlook Buying Used Pallet Racking: Don’t overlook the option of buying used pallet racks for the warehouse. It is not only an excellent choice for startups with limited capitals, but it’s also environment friendly. It is one viable option for warehouses as it helps reduce costs without compromising on safety and efficiency.
- Don’t Opt for Poor Quality Storage Racks: Storage racks may cause significant safety concerns in any warehouse as there are weighty products fixed high above the heads of workers. Storage racks made of poor quality can’t handle this weight or even volume, and may cause irreparable damage.
Safety is one key aspect when choosing the pallet racking system. Regardless of the system a particular business chooses to invest in, routine maintenance and understanding the capabilities of each system is important. If you are looking for an industry supplier who will offer you the best solution for your facility, then SPS Ideal Solutions is a one-stop solution for you. The company is a warehouse rack manufacturer as well as supplier. The company prides itself in designing and manufacturing innovative and performance-driven pallet racks.